Update on Cotgrave Town Centre Regeneration
The plan for the new town centre:
- January – February 2017: Construction of new access road for Rivermead
- February – April 2017: Demolition of Scotland Bank – likely commencement date Monday 13th February 2017
- Summer 2017 – Spring 2018: Current proposed date of construction of the new multiservice centre to house GPs, police, library, Rushcliffe Borough Council contact point and potentially Cotgrave Town Council
- Autumn 2017 – Spring 2018: Current proposed date for improvements to shop units and the area to the rear of the shops. Flats above the shop units will be converted in to a new business centre.
- Summer/Autumn 2018: Demolition of existing library and police buildings, improvements to the car park, and landscaping of the area.
Rushcliffe Borough Council and Cotgrave Town Council encourage residents to support their local shops during the improvements and will be working with local businesses during this time. Please shop locally and support your local businesses.
Cotgrave Strategic Board
The Cotgrave Strategic Board is leading the regeneration of Cotgrave Town Centre. The board is made up of representatives from the following organisations who work in partnership on the project to regenerate Cotgrave:
- Rushcliffe Borough Council
- Homes and Communities Agency
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Metropolitan Housing
- Cotgrave Town Council
- Barratt David Wilson Homes
At their meeting in January 2016, proposals for financing the next steps of the project were agreed. The planning applications for the Town Centre improvements and Multi Service Centre were approved in November 2016, and the employment units are due to be completed in July 2017.
The board have set up new working groups to deliver the projects and continuing the partnership work focusing on employment and skills opportunities for local people.
Details of the £10.5m regeneration project
- A new multiservice centre will be built on Scotland Bank to house GPs, police, library, Rushcliffe Borough Council contact point and Cotgrave Town Council.
- The existing police station, library and health centre will be removed and replaced with new open space and landscaping. This will open up the precinct to Candleby Lane and create a welcoming environment for shoppers.
- Shop units will be improved to provide a fresh new look and improvements will be made to the appearance of the back of the shops.
- Flats above the shop units will be converted in to a new business centre for local businesses.
- There will be a new play area and grassed areas.
- 15 new industrial units will be built on the former colliery site, next to existing units on Colliers Way.
We will continue to engage with local residents and businesses via:
- This webpage (www.rushcliffe.gov.uk/cotgrave)
- Regular updates to your elected Councillor
- Updates from the Town Council working group
- Information in Cotgrave Connections magazine.
We are hoping to set up a local business partnership so if you would like to get involved please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are looking for new business premises please contact email@example.com