We are a breastfeeding friendly organisation.
The Borough Council is aware of the benefits of breastfeeding and feels it's important to identify and support local breastfeeding friendly places in Rushcliffe.
- Are you a mum in Rushcliffe?
- Have you had a positive experience in a Rushcliffe business?
- Do you think they would be a suitable candidate for our Breastfeeding Friendly scheme?
Yes? Then let us know by emailing Derek Hayden at email@example.com with the name of the business and the address and we will get in touch to invite the business on board.
Do you want your business to be Breastfeeding Friendly?
Breastfeeding Friendly was launched to encourage businesses and venues within Nottinghamshire to sign up to being ‘Breastfeeding Friendly’ as part of action to provide a more welcoming and positive environment for breastfeeding mothers. Many mothers feel that breastfeeding is viewed ‘socially unacceptable’ in public, and mums often tell us that fear of breastfeeding in public is a barrier to them either starting or continuing to breastfeed. We want to change this, and by being part of Breastfeeding Friendly Nottinghamshire, and spreading the word, you can help us.
There are two avenues this could take:
1) where suitable, being a welcoming premise for mothers wanting a positive and comfortable environment to feed their child,
2) supporting your staff returning from maternity leave
Venues taking part will display stickers letting people know they are welcome to breastfeed, as well as a certificate.
If you are a local business and would like to find out more about becoming involved, have a look at the BFF Resource Pack. If you would like to apply, you can complete the BFF self-assessment form, electronically and email to Derek Hayden at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is Breast Feeding Friendly - leaflet for businesses
- Breastfeeding friendly business self assessment
- Breastfeeding Friendly resources pack for businesses