You are here :

Social housing

Social rented housing or affordable rented housing is available for rent to people in housing need at rents lower than an open market rent. In Rushcliffe, all social and affordable rented housing is owned and managed by not-for-profit organisations called Registered Providers. The Council does not own any social housing. This was all transferred to Rushcliffe Homes in 2003, and is now owned and managed by Metropolitan Housing. There are also a number of other Registered Providers with a presence in the Borough, who work with us to meet the housing needs of local people.

If you want to rent a property in Rushcliffe from a housing association, you will need to register and apply through the Homesearch Choice Based Lettings scheme.

Registered Providers also offer accommodation specifically for older people, some intermediate housing (such as shared ownership) and some specialist housing, such as supported properties for people with certain disabilities.

You can see what affordable housing is provided by downloading the Affordable Housing Directory.. The directory also has the contact details of all Registered Providers working in Rushcliffe.