YouNG Project Intern -
12 month Internship for Nottingham Trent University Students
Salary: £15,450 per annum - 37 hour week
Closing date: 2 June 2017
Are you a Nottingham Trent University student looking for a chance to gain real management and leadership experience? We want a proactive individual to take on the management and leadership of our YouNG team for their placement year.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to manage conflicting demands and prioritise effectively with ability to work with a range of people such as young people, senior management colleagues and partner organisations. They will require excellent communication and decision making skills and be able to work well under pressure.
Your duties will include:
- Planning and delivering the work programme for the project, with support from a group of young apprentices and ambassadors.
- Maintaining existing relationships with schools and local businesses & developing new working relationships where opportunities arise.
- Overseeing the planning and delivery of events run by the young ambassadors, such as the Young Market and Showcase Ceremony
- Helping to develop YouNG’s digital presence to ensure that young people are targeted most effectively within the local area.
- Overseeing the delivery of a European Union funded project which may require international travel.
In exchange we will provide a nurturing yet challenging environment where you will be given the chance to stretch yourself and begin developing your potential as a future leader in Business. You will be given the freedom & responsibility of making decisions on the project whilst we provide support and advice from members of our senior leadership team to help you grow.
Based at our new open plan civic offices at Rushcliffe Arena that are shared with a new flag ship leisure centre which provides the opportunity for an excellent work and leisure balance.
Ability to travel around the Borough of Rushcliffe is a necessity, with own method of transport being preferable. Will be required to work Wednesday evenings as a norm in term-time; may be required to work some weekend shifts on occasion. Opportunity to work remotely (i.e. from home-base).
A DBS check is required for this post.
You can find further information about the role below, and you can also contact Derek Hayden firstname.lastname@example.org and 0115 914 8270
If you’re interested in applying for this post please use the application form and equality monitoring form below (Do not use the Council's usual online application form for this post)
We do not accept CVs .
- YouNG Project Intern full advert
- YouNG Project Intern job description 16.5.17
- YouNG Project Intern person specification 16.5.17
- Hints and tips for getting the most out of your application
- Intern Application form 17.5.17
- Equality Monitoring Form 22.5.17