Financial Services Manager
To lead the Financial Services team.
Salary: £41,427 - £43,455 per annum, 37 hr week
Closing date: 20 October 2017
We are currently looking for a talented and experienced accountant who wants to use their knowledge to help develop our finance function and make a significant contribution to the achievement the Council’s Medium Term Financial Strategy. In Finance we are moving towards a business partner approach to enable us to support our service based colleagues and also advise on wider accounting business models to support the Council’s commercial objectives. You will assist with the financial reporting and planning within the Council and ensure that appropriate strategies are developed that support commercial and innovative organisational growth, and oversee their successful delivery.
The successful candidate will lead the Financial Services team and also support the continued transformation of the finance function. Ideally you will have a strong understanding of local authority accounting, excellent communication skills, along with an entrepreneurial and commercially-minded outlook. To be successful you will need to be a skilled manager with a track record in delivering and improving excellent services. You must be able to lead with enthusiasm and integrity and be an ambassador for change.
This is a superb opportunity to join our team and work in an innovative customer-focused authority which strives for excellence and values its staff. Our package includes:
- Working in new purpose-built offices and leisure centre;
- Varied working hours and remote-working opportunities;
- An opportunity to further your career with a high performing forward looking Authority with training to support CPD and personal development; and
- Local Government pension scheme.
If you are interested in applying for this post you can obtain full details along with a link to our online application form below.
You can also request an application form by emailing email@example.com, by telephoning Nottingham (0115) 914 8317 (answer phone service available), or by writing to the Strategic Human Resources Manager, Rushcliffe Borough Council, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7YG.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Peter Linfield, Executive Manager – Finance and Corporate Services, on 01159148349 or Nigel Carter, Service Manager – Finance and Commercial on 0115 914 8340.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 20 October 2017
Interviews to take place on: 2 November 2017
- Financial Services Manager job description 3.10.17
- Financial Services Manager person spec 3.10.17
- Financial Services Manager application pack 3.10.17
- Hints and tips for getting the most out of your application
- Apply for this post by completing the online application form
- Continue a saved online application form