Commercially minded Solicitor to manage our Legal Service Team
Salary: £41,427 - £43,455 per annum 37 hours pwk Some attendance at evening meetings
Closing date: 16 March 2018
Rushcliffe Borough Council is a modern forward thinking authority. It is located in West Bridgford, Nottingham and re-located in late 2016 to a new purpose built Office and Leisure Centre facility Rushcliffe Arena. This has given us the opportunity to develop a new working environment for our employees with remote and flexible working opportunities and the ability to enjoy and maintain a healthy lifestyle using the new leisure centre facilities.
Rushcliffe has been regarded an excellent Council and in 2015 won the Municipal Journal Management Team of the year and this year is shortlisted by the Local Government Chronicle for Entrepreneurial Council. We want you to be part of our journey for continued success.
We are seeking to recruit a Solicitor to manage our Legal Services team. You will be both commercially minded and driven to ensure the Council gains maximum value for money and have the ability to transform legal services. We are looking for an individual with the drive and determination to succeed and the ability to maximise both your talent and that of the team at an authority that values its staff.
Previous local authority experience is not essential but this is a great opportunity to develop your skills and career. Our package includes:
- reduced membership fees of the onsite leisure centre;
- Free car parking;
- Varied working hours and remote-working opportunities;
- An opportunity to further your career with a high performing forward looking Authority with training to support CPD and personal development;
- Local Government pension scheme; and
- Relocation package available for the right candidate.
Rushcliffe Borough Council supports flexible and part-time working in line with the needs of the public that we serve and the business needs of the Council. We believe that embracing flexibility is a smart way of working and ensures we can find and support the mix of talent and experience we need. We can’t promise, but we are open to a chat about flexible working when you apply for a job with us.
If you are interested in applying for this post you can obtain full details below along with a link to our online application form.
You can also request an application form by emailing email@example.com, by telephoning Nottingham (0115) 914 8317 (answer phone service available), or by writing to the Strategic Human Resources Manager, Rushcliffe Borough Council, Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7YG.
For an informal discussion regarding this position please contact Peter Linfield on 0115 914 8439.
Please note CV’s will not be accepted.
- Borough Solicitor - Application pack - Feb 2018
- Borough Solictor - Job Description - Feb 2018
- Borough Solicitor - Person Specification - Feb 2018
- Apply for this post by completing the online application form
- Continue a saved application by clicking here
- Hints and tips for getting the most out of your application