Business and Economic Growth Intern (Open to 3rd year placement students only)
Are you looking to develop your potential as a future business leader?
Salary: Salary: £15,450 per annum; 37 Hours per week
Closing date: 29 April 2018
Are you interested in working for an organisation with commercialism and entrepreneurialism in its DNA, recently named the LGC’s Entrepreneurial Council of the Year 2018?
Are you interested in working closely with businesses, big and small?
Are you interested in taking on real responsibility from day one?
If you are, then we’re interested in working with you.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who is able to manage conflicting demands and prioritise effectively, with ability to work with a range of people such as senior management colleagues, partner organisations and businesses big and small. They will require excellent communication and decision making skills and be able to work well under pressure.
Your duties will include:
- Increase engagement with and support for Rushcliffe businesses
- Ensure regular and ongoing communications, including on the website, social media and e-newsletter.
- Lead on the management and monitoring of the Shop Front Improvement Grants scheme.
- Provide support to the Rushcliffe Business Partnership including with preparation for any events.
- Work closely with the YouNG Team and Positive Futures on delivery of the European Social Fund project to provide employment and skills outcomes for local residents.
In exchange we will provide a nurturing yet challenging environment where you will be given the chance to stretch yourself and begin developing your potential as a future leader in Business. You will be given the freedom and responsibility of making decisions, whilst we provide support and advice to help you grow.
The role will be based at our new open plan civic offices at Rushcliffe Arena that are shared with a new flag ship leisure centre which provides the opportunity for an excellent work and leisure balance.
Ability to travel around the Borough of Rushcliffe is a necessity, with own method of transport being preferable. Opportunity to work remotely (i.e. from home-base).
Rushcliffe Borough Council prides itself on offering residents a “Great place, great lifestyle, great sport”. The council is one of the highest rated district councils in the country and provides its residents with the usual district council services including refuse collection, planning, leisure and community services.
Rushcliffe lies immediately south of the City of Nottingham and the River Trent and extends across towards Newark in the North East and Loughborough in the South West. Rushcliffe covers 157 square miles (around 400 sq km.) Although parts of the Borough lie close to Nottingham, Rushcliffe has a strong identity of its own. The main centre of population is West Bridgford, where around 41,000 of the Borough's 111,100 population live. The remainder of the borough is largely rural, with the centres of population split between small towns and villages.
If you’re interested in applying further details are below. Please use the application form (word document) below and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org”. Please do not click on the 'Do it online' link on the right.
Should you require any further information about the role, please contact Cara Prendergast email@example.com and 0115 914 8224
Closing date – Sunday 29 April 2018
Interviews at Rushcliffe Arena – Thursday 10 May 2018
- Business and Economic Growth Intern Job Description 28.3.18
- Business and Economic Growth Intern - Person Specification 28.3.18
- Business and Economic Growth Intern Application Pack - 28.3.18
- Rushcliffe Borough Council - Case Study