If you want to keep it, Lock It!
Protect yourself from crime
Levels of crime in Rushcliffe are thankfully low and we work hard with our partners to keep it that way. Some of the most common crimes are cycle theft, theft from a motor vehicle and shed burglaries – and there are steps you can take to reduce the risk of being a victim.
Unsecured property makes it easier for the thieves to commit these crimes so:
- Double check you've locked the house and shut all of your windows when you go out
- Make sure your car is locked when you leave it
- Secure your shed properly with an effective lock
- Use a solid ‘D’ lock to secure your bike.
Also, think about where you leave your property and:
- Don’t leave items on show in your car
- Do lock your bike in a visible, well-lit area
- Do security mark your property with a marking pen and kit -visit www.creproducts.co.uk for details
- Do register all your valuables for free at www.immobilise.com to improve your chances of getting them back if they are stolen.
If you’re cycling in West Bridgford, remember that you can park your bike on Central Avenue in the secure cycle hub in Bridgford Road car park which has 24 hour CCTV protection. You just need a Nottingham Citycard to get access.
They say forewarned is forearmed! So if you’d like to know what’s happening in your area, sign up to Neighbourhood Alert, free email updates that give you local Police updates and community news straight to your inbox. Register now at www.rushcliffecommunity.co.uk/ and you’ll get all the details of our next free security bike marking and ‘swap a lock’ sessions.